Wednesday, August 25, 2010

TearFund, grazing and The List!

Alrighty, So things are continuing to fall into place. Well, 'fall' is a half truth as there is effort on our part, but things are gliding along easily enough at this stage. Brent and I are taking this as a go ahead so there's no stopping us now.
As the news of our journey is spreading slowly around our friend/church community, I heard a certain friend of ours gave us a shout out on Life FM last week. We are now going to suss some kind of connection out with Life FM - will be good to get our story out there! So that's in order to join the works at some stage.
Also, I met up with Beth Harper from TearFund yesterday and we talked over a few things and about choosing a particular project for Brent and I to support. We need to read through each project and pray about that. What an opportunity to serve this is - I feel so blessed.
I've also done a bit of emailing around the place to try and suss out some grazing for our horses next year! We need as much time as possible with our horses next year before we leave. 1) To get them fit 2) To get US fit! 3) To get them used to riding on the roads and desensitize them to everything... We really need to be riding every day but until we can get grazing established we can't buy horses. Grazing is expensive in Auckland, usually about $30 per week per horse - come on! We are students. It looks like the NZ Pony Club Association (NZPCA) is trying to help us at this point as I emailed the president earlier this week. I was a member years ago with my horse George, and although the NZPCA doesn't officially own any land, it coordinates 4 active pony clubs in Auckland and we have invited the NZPCA to be official promoted sponsors of ours if they can accommodate our horses next year.
Finally, Brent is meeting Kerrin and Genna Revell next week (the couple who acheived Down Across & Up in 2007 on their horses - www.downacrossup.com). We are going to further talk over things and hopefully give Brent his first riding lesson on a beautiful Clyde X horse called Falkor. How cool is that name? Anyway, I'll be sure to post photos next week so watch this space!

Anyway, I must go to sleep. Got a mad day at university tomorrow.

Blessings, Sarah.

Ps: thanks for reading!
Pps: If anyone knows of anyone with horse equipment they would like to donate - forward them our email, hoofprintsforhope@hotmail.com - we are in need for when we get our horses! I sold all my gear when I sold my horse.

No comments:

Post a Comment